Monday, November 15, 2010

ChalkBoard



This Chalkboard is really easy to make and super inexpensive. I found an old cupboard door for $1 at our local Habitat for Humanity Restore and already had the spray paint color and chalkboard paint. This whole project probably only cost me $3. SO this is how I did it:

This is the $1 cupboard I found. (Please excuse the Bum. My little man would not get out of the way.) Anyways, this board had an entire white plastic cover casing it, so I just tore it off and it was all wood underneath.
I then taped and spray painted it the color I wanted. (Valspar Almond). When that was dry I sanded the edges and distressed it to look antiquish. I then taped the outside and sprayed on the Chalkboard paint.
This is the finished product! I added a bow for the Holidays, but will probably add some vinyl character to it from my cricut. I haven't decided yet. Super easy and inexpensive.
~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...