Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cake POPS!!

These cake pops are my new obsession. I had my first one at Starbucks. It was a birthday cake flavor. SOOOO GOOOOD!!!!  I wanted to try and make my own and try out a different flavor. My kids gobble them up too. I looked online for a few recipes and I used part of all of them. Here is my recipe:


I took a triple chocolate cake box and cooked it according to the directions. When the cake was cooked and cooled I crumbled up the cake by hand and added about half a container of caramel frosting.  I combined the together well and rolled into a giant ball. I put the cake mixture into the fridge to cool and harden for about an hour. After an hour I rolled with my hand small 1 inch balls and placed them on a cookie sheet covered with tin foil. I then melted my chocolate being careful not to burn it.  I then dipped the cake sticks in the frosting about an inch and placed them in the cake balls about half way through. This will act like cement to keep the stick attached. I then spooned on the melted chocolate to all the cake balls and let dry. I put the sticks into a foam wreath so they could dry. When dry they are ready to eat!  YUMMY!!!!!!! Enjoy.







~Lindsay

8 comments:

  1. These look so, so yummy! I've been dying to make cake pops, I need to attempt to soon!


    www.iheartmygluegun.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, but mostly delicious! I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try thi for sure...looks sooo cute as well!

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fab! I must have a go at these soon. Saw you on linky party, now google following you. Please pop by, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute and adorable. Love that pretty blue color.They are perfect for any party.

    My blog just turned 1 and I’m hosting a giveaway on my blog as a way to say thank you for your supports in the past year. Please come over to check it out if you’re interested. http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. I hope you will party again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy.. I want this but I am trying to cut down on sweets :(

    Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun. The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...