Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drapery Sconces

So I finally got my dining room done.  You can check out dining room make over here.
Anyway, I wasn't pleased with the way my drapery sconces turned out.  For one, the drapery doesn't lay the way I envisioned in my head (does it ever) and two....well there is no two.  I just didn't like it.  What I originally wanted to do was make some v sconces, however, it's time consuming and I wasn't sure about the crown moulding....did I really want to take on that task.  Well after much deliberation, I said yes, yes I can do this......

My inspiration
And the after in stages
Products used

putting together the box

adding the crown moulding....my very first ever cut of crown

adding the rod to hang the drapery from

a little trim to dress it up

an there you have it ladies and gents...the finished product

So there you have it.....looks much better painted.  And I tell you what.....that crown, was a well you know what to cut and attach.  I thought it turned out pretty darn good for my first time!  Please tell me how you think I did, or even some insight of something I could of done better.  Always open to comments.  Thanks for looking.    *******Candie*******


  1. You did a really good job, though I've never seen this way of hanging drapery, I guess I am behind! Looks very sophisticated.

  2. Thank you! It's very time consuming, but I love the finished product and not to mention a whole heck of a lot cheaper.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...