Saturday, June 18, 2011

Easy Homemade Bread Recipe


This is a really easy bread recipe. I am not a baker at all and baking is slightly terrifying to me.  I need the easiest recipes to even attempt to try it. Here is the recipe I used:

6 1/2 to 7 cups of flour 
2 pkgs of 1/4 oz Quick rise yeast 
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. salt
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup milk
2 tbsp. vegetable oil

In large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well. Combine water, milk, and oil. Heat to 120F to 130F. Add to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened and then beat 3 minutes on medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make firm dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic. This should take about 5 to 8 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place. It should double in size in about 25 to 30 minutes. Punch down dough. Divide into 2 parts. On lightly floured surface roll each half to 14 x 7 rectangle. Starting shorter side, roll up tightly pressing dough into roll with each turn. Pinch edges and ends to seal. place in greased 9 x 5 bread pan. Cover and let rise for about 15 to 20 minutes. Bake at 400F for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pans and let cool.

This was super easy to make. Believe me if I can make this you can make this.  ~~ Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay.
    I want to try this receipe, but the ingredients say
    1 1/4 cups water
    1 cup water, but I think one of them is for milk, could you clarify?
    Thank you
    Jeka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you want to try it. Please let me know how yours turns out. Thanks for the heads up about the milk I will fix it ASAP. It is 1 cup of milk. :)

    ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...