Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Lansing Garden Part 2

A view posts back I blogged about the beginnings of my garden.  Not to be confused with "the Gray's garden" post, you can check out my 1st garden post here.

Anywho, I bought one of those raised garden kits.  Yes, only one. That's about all I will have time for this year.

















So here they are not filled yet.  Tossed some potting soil in and planted all 9 of my plants.  Whoo hoo, yet just 9.  You can see the black tubing poking out from the ground cover.  I fixed that up, poked holes where I needed holes, and added a couple small sprayers.















As you can see, my garden is really small.  Most of the plants are some sort of tomato, but I do have one pepper in there.

This plant is doing the best. And hopefully soon we will have some tomatoes.

UPDATE:
Since it's been a couple of weeks since I planted these plants, it seems that only 3 survived the replanting process.  Darn it!  Oh well better luck next time.

Now I would like to share some of my roses with you from my garden.


 
Aren't they beauties!

Here's the fabulous hanging basket I got my local grocery store.  I think it's coming alone nicely!
Thanks for looking ****Candie****

2 comments:

  1. If you can grow those beautiful roses, you will eventually have luck with the veggies.

    Interesting idea with the tubing. I'm not sure how it works. Maybe you can post on that? I've love to set something like that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my own raised garden with some bricks and dumped a ton of soil in. I have two eggplants that aren't sure if they want to live or die =T Yours looks great! My problem maybe that AZ is a bad place to try and garden anything that isnt a cactus!

    Found you on the weekend hop at I heart Naptime
    you can find me at nekosknitting.blogspot.com if you like crafty stuff!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...